At Threadsmiths we believe that choosing responsible factories is one of the most important things we do.
As part of our social responsibility we develop close relationships with our factories and only partner with people that meet our strict requirements for ethical production.
To ensure that we when spend months researching and visiting the factories in person to get first hand information on how the factories operate.
At this process we evaluate each manufacturing partner in terms of their commitment to fair wages, working conditions and the environment.
Our Knitting Factory
The factory that produces our Cavalier collection are a family run business that has been operating for generations and is a leader in the global knitwear business.
They use state of the art manufacturing equipment and have a highly skilled workforce.
They are located in Changzhou China and are famous for their award winning exports to the United States, Europe, Australia and Japan.
We have been working closely with our knitting factory for over 4 years and have developed a close working relationship with the owners.
They are a highly respected factory and are are both a ISO9001:2000 and ISO14001:1996 accredited.
ISO 9001:2000 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization:
- needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable regulatory requirements, and
- aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
And ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS).
The benefits of a company having this accreditation are:
- Improved corporate citizenship and social responsibility within an environmental context
- Proactive risk management from environmental impact
- Achieve long-term business strategies by safeguarding resource management
- Encouragement of improved environmental performance through the supply chain.
They have an amazing team culture and believe that people are their most important resource.
As a result they have excellent working conditions, pay above average wages and have active social initiatives that reward their staff and encourage a positive company culture.